Parts SupervisorThe Agam Group, Ltd.
AGAM Group, Ltd., (www.agam.com) conveniently located in Elkridge, MD (corner of Rte 100 & Rte 1) is an industry leader who manufactures a Modular Aluminum System for the Display and Tradeshow Industry. AGAM is well respected in our industry as a service-oriented company made up of people ready and eager to make things happen.
We are looking for an Individual to lead our Parts Department. The Parts Supervisor manages the parts room and distribution of parts. Responsibilities include shipping and receiving of parts, updating transactional data in the system, transferring parts between resources, performing cycle counts and managing parts inventory.
Self-starters with a positive attitude and exceptional work ethic are the “right fit” for this position.
- Read technical drawings/blueprints and work orders to determine sequence of work and produce project work as outlined by customer specifications
- Manage and oversee and the parts room, making sure inventory levels are maintained.
- To keep the parts room clean, organized and secure. Bins must be properly located, labeled and updated as necessary.
- Prepare daily parts orders for the production staff.
- Packaging of “parts only” orders as necessary, following best practices.
- Perform inventory cycle counts as required on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Continually work with management to improve organization and efficiency in your department.
- Count, organize and label parts received into inventory from in-house orders. Communicate discrepancies between In-house production tickets and actual parts received with management.
- Receiving shipments from UPS/Fed Ex /others while following the Receiving Protocol guidelines.
- Distributing consumables to production staff such as gloves and hearing protection.
- Assist with receiving of Freight shipments as needed.
- Manage multiple projects at a time.
- Maintain a clean, safe, organized work area
- 2-4 years’ experience within an inventory role.
- 1-2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and Word
- Able to lift 20lbs frequently
- Proven communication skills, both written and verbal
*Fluent in Spanish is a plus
Agam offers a competitive package (salary/benefits) as well as opportunity for growth and advancement. Please send a cover letter and resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org