Senior Grant WriterBay Path University
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: SRGW
- Job Type: Part-time
- Hours: Up to 19 hours per week
- Schedule: Flexible, 3 days per week
- Position Location: Longmeadow, MA Campus
Job Summary: The Senior Grant Writer will support the Executive Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations to research and analyze new grant funding opportunities in support of institutional priorities; develop, write, submit and track grant proposals and related activities; and support post-award grant management and reporting.
- Research and assess prospective grant funding opportunities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with grant program officers.
- Compile institutional data to support proposal development.
Grant Proposal Development, Writing and Submission:
- Work closely with faculty and staff to match funding opportunities with prospective funders, and guide and support proposal development.
- Write letters of inquiry and grant proposals and prepare budgets.
- Manage the grant proposal submission process, including the development of checklists, compiling required support documents, and timely submission.
- Track grant inquiry and proposals in prospect management system.
Post-Award Grant Management and Reporting:
- Prepare draft press releases for new grant awards and work with the grant director and institutional marketing to outline a plan for publicizing grant activities.
- Work with grant director to set up the project plan, timeline and deliverables for each new grant for the purpose of grant management and reporting.
- Assist grant directors with interim and final grant reports, thank you letters, and other communications with funders.
- Attend trainings as required.
- Perform other job-related functions as assigned by the University.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of three years of work experience in a professional environment required; preferably at least two years of grant writing experience and success in obtaining grants from private and corporate foundations and/or federal, state and local funding agencies.
- Excellent writing and analytic skills, with the ability and firm understanding of how to write clear, structured, concise, articulate and persuasive proposals.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task, attend to details, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong computer and research skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and experience using a database and other resources to conduct foundation and grants research.
- Flexibility, a positive attitude and a collaborative spirit are highly preferred.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Valid U.S. driver's license.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose, and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Bay Path University is a smoke- and tobacco-free community.
All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory background checking.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter, resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work-related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position please email us at HR@baypath.edu or call 413-565-1168.