Program DirectorBaltimore Curriculum Project
City Springs College and Career Readiness (CCR) Program Director
The Baltimore Curriculum Project is seeking a Program Director to oversee the development and implementation of a new College and Career Readiness (CCR) program at City Springs Elementary/Middle School. This is a 40 hour/week position with benefits. City Springs Elementary/Middle School is a conversion charter school serving over 700 PreK-8 students. The overall goal of the City Springs College and Career Readiness (CCR) Program is to prepare City Springs students to graduate high school, and to successfully pursue their careers of choice via successful completion of college or a career training program.
The Program Director will be part of a team consisting of the school Guidance Counselor, Community School Coordinator and other stakeholders. The Director will be responsible for coordinating and/or implementing the following strategies:
- Provide quarterly individual Academic Counseling sessions for students in grades six through eight, in close coordination with the school guidance counselor;
- Teach the CCR Resource class for students in grade six once a day for one hour, and students in grades 7/8 once a day for one hour;
- Hold small group meetings with seventh grade families and/or meet with each seventh-grade family individually to educate them about the high school choice process in close coordination with the school guidance counselor;
- Participate in meetings led by the school guidance counselor with each 8th grade student and parent as they go through the high school choice process;
- Design and plan for the Summer Transition Academy for rising 9th graders;
- Assess high school support needs and develop a high school support program for phase two of this pilot program;
- Conduct an inventory and assessment of current mentoring programs at City Springs, identify service gaps for current students, identify projected service gaps for CS alumni in high school, and connect students with mentoring programs;
- Work with community school coordinator and school guidance counselor to convene regular meetings of current mentoring programs;
- Teach parent workshops on the FAFSA, high school choice and career exploration;
- Ensure that the PIQE Parent Engagement Education Program is integrated with the CCR Program; and
- Infuse the school community with a CCR culture.
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to Angela Scott.