Are you interested in working for a company that fosters growth opportunities, community involvement and a team oriented atmosphere? ClarkDietrich fosters a work-life balance and offers competitive compensation and benefits. Join a team that is STRONGER THAN STEEL℠, by applying to become a Contractor Specialty Representative at our [Position Location] location.
The Contractor Specialty Representative is responsible for creating preference and demand at the contractor-level for ClarkDietrich interior finishing products, which includes composite, vinyl, paper-faced metal, and all metal corner bead and trim products. The Contractor Specialty Representative will also provide technical selling, training and support for the regional sales team including the co-development and implementation of the regional marketing strategy for current and future products, identifying new markets for existing products, and forecasting to ensure that the strategic direction of a product is in line with overall company goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides field product demonstrations, training, problem solving and promotion for all assigned products to both residential and commercial contractors.
- Provides technical selling, training and support for contractors, distributors and sales team.
- Key contributor in the development and implementation the regional marketing strategy for all assigned products.
- Works with local and regional sales representatives to align contractor demand with local distribution to close sale.
- Develops and maintains a forecasting mechanism to provide a demand signal for new business to the distributor and the Company.
- Seeks out new opportunities and markets for existing and future products.
- Provides input on product development concepts, suggests modifications to existing products and communicates new product ideas to Product Manager for Finishing Systems.
- Consistent use of the Company's CRM system to provide feedback.
- Provides contractor feedback on product acceptance.
- Provides feedback on market and competitive activity.
- Provides feedback on promotional and advertising strategies.
- Represents and speaks on behalf of the Company in local contractor associations, where applicable.
- Attends local, regional and national trade shows as those opportunities become available.
- Proven resource and problem solver with contractor community.
- Willing to travel extensively, 10-12 business evenings per month (minimum 50% business travel).
- Ability to obtain meetings with key contractors within the region and schedule business travel independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially with contractors, bi-lingual English/Spanish is a plus.
- Knowledge and ability to make independent decisions on product application, usage and claims.
- Must be able to multi-task, work independently and within a team structure.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to develop and present product presentations.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the construction industry, preferably at the contracting level.
- Drywall finishing experience is a plus.
- Reports to the Director of Sales & Marketing, Finishing Systems.
CLARKDIETRICH BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Full benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts and Life Insurance).
- 401(k) with company match
- Annual Incentive
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement Program
- Community Service Day
Location/Region: Philadelphia, PA