Mount Jewett, PA
Georgia-Pacific is hiring Production Assistants for our Mount Jewett location. This entry-level production position creates value by working in a general labor capacity alongside the other operators to meet and exceed production goals. New employees that have a strong focus on safety, and who demonstrate initiative and a sense of urgency will find fulfillment as an integral part of a successful team.
Georgia-Pacific in Mount Jewett, Pennsylvania manufacturers Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF), a premier grade of composite wood panel. It is an interior grade panel made in thicknesses from 0.25” to 1.5”. MDF is used in laminate flooring, cabinets, molding, raised-panel doors, counter-tops, office furniture, and other specialty applications. Georgia-Pacific’s building products business has consistently been among the nation’s top suppliers to building materials dealers and large warehouse retailers. GP employees strive for safety and health excellence, while achieving an injury-free workplace.
• Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
• Meeting or exceeding facility and company goals for production and quality
• Performing heavy-duty housekeeping to keep machinery functioning properly, reducing hazards and maintaining the appearance of the plant
• Assisting in operating production equipment and filling in for other operators during breaks or absences
• Performing routine preventative maintenance and minor repairs
• High School Diploma or GED
• At least 6 months of work experience
• Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs routinely
• Willing and able to perform repetitive tasks for extended periods of time (i.e. lifting, pushing/pulling, gripping, reaching, sitting, walking, standing, bending, climbing ladders/stairs)
• Willing and able to wear the necessary Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) (i.e. hard hats, safety glasses, face shield, chemical suit, respirator, ear plugs, hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes and other PPE required by specific jobs)
• Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
• Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime
• Willing to sign a confidentiality agreement as a condition of employment
• Experience in a wood products manufacturing environment
• Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Apply online at:
www.gp.com/careers and search Job Number 055401
Location/Region: Pa-Philadelphia (US)