The Audio/Visual Technical Specialist oversees all aspects of the audio/visual support to the Washington, DC office by operating various audio/visual equipment and systems, ensuring equipment functionality, troubleshooting audio/visual related issues, and training department staff as needed. The hours for the position are 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Schedules and provides technical assistance with setup and support of video conferences, audio conferences, webinars and presentations.
- Provides audio/visual equipment support.
- Works in conjunction with the conference room technology team on A/V equipment updates following Firm standards and best practices.
- Assists with the evaluation, recommendation, and integration of emerging AV technologies for the Firm.
- Assists with conference room bookings, IT department, and Facilities as needed.
- Performs monthly preventive maintenance of Conference Center and conference rooms to ensure working condition of equipment.
- Acts as in-room technician for special events and presentations.
- Troubleshoots equipment and makes minor repairs. Coordinates repair and equipment service as needed.
- Maintains inventory of equipment, including purchases, repairs, warranties, and monthly maintenance.
- Responsible for organization and cleanliness of all storage areas and audio/visual booths.
- Performs limited editing of in-house produced and external video productions.
- Provides training for department staff in the operation of various audio/visual equipment.
- Acts as liaison with Washington, DC office and Firm-wide Technology Support department.
- Provides regular status reports to the Firm's Regional Audio/Visual Technical Manager and the Conference Services Manager.
- Performs frequent physical exertion including: standing, walking, bending over, twisting, kneeling, reaching above shoulder level, pushing, pulling, repetitive use of both hands, lifting or carrying up to 20 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Current knowledge of audio/visual field and procedures including audio and video production equipment, techniques, and methodologies.
- Current knowledge of teleconferencing equipment.
- Experience with Crestron and Extron integrated audio visual systems.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow instructions.
- Excellent planning and troubleshooting skills.
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years related experience.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Disability/Vet/other protected categories). For more information, please visit Skadden.com/careers.
Location/Region: District of Columbia