To create futures one person at a time for people with disabilities through employment and support services.
Utilizing best business practices, MVLE will encourage personal and professional growth for people living with disabilities.
Position Summary for Essential Functions
Overall purpose of the position: In this supervisory position, the employee will demonstrate the leadership attributes needed to guide the organization’s Program and Site Managers in providing superior service delivery to individuals with disabilities being supported by MVLE’s employment programs. This position helps set the vision, mission and goals of the organization’s workforce development initiative, and will demonstrate the necessary management competencies to ensure staff meet and maintain quality employment processes for individuals served. In addition, this position will be responsible for identifying, developing, and maintaining relationships with employers to create unsubsidized employment opportunities and internships.
Education: Bachelor’s degree and 5 – 7 years’ experience in the field of human services, business management, sales background preferred. Master’s degree preferred.
Experience: Seven years of experience working with persons with disabilities in a vocational, residential or recreational program, or from extensive, relevant personal involvements is required. Must have knowledge of vocational needs of individuals with disabilities and be able to effectively work with people from diverse backgrounds and a wide range of disabilities. Customer service and business development experience is required. Five years of experience working directly with DARS, DBHDS, DOL, Medicaid, and CARF regulations is preferred. A minimum of five years of supervisory experience is required. Knowledge of DC Metro Area labor market trends. Sales experience, marketing and/or public relations experience preferred. Must possess good organizational & time management skills; have a professional demeanor and appearance; be able to multitask, set priorities and work independently. Must possess current driving license with fewer than -6.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Leadership: Oversee, direct, and organize the work of the Program and Site Managers. Ensure staff members receive appropriate training and development. Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, set objectives in line with MVLE’s strategic vision, establish priorities and conduct annual performance appraisals. Mentor and develop staff. As a member of the Program Management team, participate in the strategic planning process and be responsible for the collection and analysis of program metrics. Contribute to the development of MVLE’s strategic goals and objectives.
· Work in conjunction with Clinical Services, Compliance, Transition and Curriculum to assist with ongoing program development. Assist in developing community education and/or program outreach activities. Develop and maintain strategic partnerships to assist with growth of employment programs for individuals served, including building a bank of employment, internship and assessment opportunities. Researches, analyzes and practically applies current local job market trends. Implements employer marketing strategy.
· Liaison and Outreach: Assist in establishing and maintaining positive liaison roles with families, group homes, local school systems, intellectual disabilities service boards, and employment partners.
· Compliance & Reporting: Complete policy and procedure development as it pertains to regulatory requirements that affect employment services. Assists in oversight of compliance with regulatory requirements for employment services. Oversee/assist with the coordination of schedules with the other members of the employment services team and rehab division leaders. Interface with other team members to improve individual service and program outcomes. Responsible for data keeping, program metrics, and analysis in relation to outcome measures.
• Adaptability: Adapts well to changes in assignments and priorities; adapts behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles; approaches change positively and adjusts behaviors accordingly.
• Collaboration: Builds constructive working relationship with clients/customers, other work units, community organizations and others to meet mutual goals and objectives. Behaves professionally and supportively when working with individuals from a variety of ethnic, social and educational backgrounds.
• Communication: Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the listener, helps them understand and retain the message, and invites response and feedback. Keeps others informed as appropriate. Demonstrates good written, oral and listening skills.
• Decision Making/Problem Solving: Breaks down problems into components and recognizes interrelationships; makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions. Compares data, information, and input from a variety of sources to draw conclusions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
• Facilitating Change: Facilitates the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace; encourages others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
• Guiding and Developing Staff: Focuses and guides others in accomplishing work objectives; rewards and recognizes others, both formally and informally, in ways that motivate them. Sets high performance expectations for team members; sets clear performance expectations and objectives; holds others accountable for achieving results. Successfully finds resources, training, tools, etc. to support staff needs. Works with staff to create developmental opportunities to expand knowledge and skill level; provides effective feedback and guidance for career development.
• Initiative: Takes action without being asked or required to; achieves goals beyond job requirements; being proactive; taking prompt action to accomplish objectives.
• Innovation: Uses creativity and imagination to develop new insights into situations and applies new solutions to problems. Comes up with new and unique ideas.
• Strategic Focus: Understands how an organization must change in light of internal and external trends and influences; keeps the big, long-range picture in mind; builds a shared long-range organizational vision with others. Committed to course of action to achieve long-range goals and influences others to translate vision into action.
• Team Leadership: Communicates a vision and inspires motivation; engages with direct reports and peers in team process to solve problems; works to find a win/win resolution of differences; is aware of how management style impacts staff productivity and development; modifies leadership style to meet situational requirements; helps teams stay focused on major goals while managing within a context of multiple directives.
Selected candidate must pass all pre-employment requirements, which include criminal background check, FBI Fingerprinting, CPS and TB screening.
MVLE is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy that we will not discriminate against any person based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability or veteran status.
We provide a drug-free and smoke-free workplace for all employees.
MVLE is a private not-for-profit 501(c) 3 tax exempt organization, incorporated in the Commonwealth of Virginia. MVLE is CARF accredited; licensed by the State of Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services; an approved Ability One vendor; an authorized vendor for the Department of Rehabilitative Services and the Virginia Department of Medical Assistance Services; and a recipient of United Way funding and support. Additionally, MVLE has long established purchase of service relationships with the Community Services Boards of Arlington County, City of Alexandria, Fairfax County/ Falls Church City and Prince William County.