ONCOLOGY PHARMACY MANAGER:
Our client, a progressive teaching hospital located in Maryland is looking for an Oncology Pharmacy Manager.
In this new role and reporting to the Corporate Director of Pharmacy, your primary areas of focus will include strategic planning and to facilitate the development, implementation, and maintenance of systems which promote desirable patient outcomes through the use of safe, cost effective drug therapies. You will provide clinical pharmacy leadership within this specialty area; develop, implement, and coordinate pharmacy programs and enhance the quality of existing services; serve as a drug information resource to other pharmacists and health care professionals, as well as address the learning needs of the staff.
- Provide comprehensive pharmacy care and oversight of specialty service.
- Develop and assess clinical pharmacy program/service.
- Serve as a preceptor for students/residents rotating through specialty practice area.
- Lead or participate in organizational initiatives that optimize drug therapy.
- Serve as the educational resource for the organization within specialty.
- Serve as the Pharmacy departmental liaison for pharmacy, medical, nursing and other health care professionals.
Qualified applicants will have a minimum of two years oncology pharmacy experience. The ideal candidate will have some form of supervisory experience. BCOP and/or completion of a PGY-2 Oncology Residency preferred.
Sierra is a National Pharmacy Consulting firm.
Location/Region: Baltimore, MD (US)