DC Segway Rentals is looking for tour guides to lead Segway tours of the National Mall, Pennsylvania Ave, and beyond for both year-round and part time employment. Tours happen seven days a week, morning, afternoon and evening, allowing you flexible scheduling. There is no better way to get to know and experience a city than being a tour guide, and riding around on two wheels make it even more fun! Tours run through Washington’s most scenic areas, offering guides a great opportunity to explore the city and meet guests from around the world while enjoying the fresh air. We're a new company looking for ambitious tour leaders to help us grow.
Our ideal applicant will:
• Have experience as a tour guide or have customer service experience
• Know about Washington, DC (don't worry if you don't know everything about everything yet, we'll train you)
• Be comfortable with speaking groups of varying sizes and be able to speak loudly and clearly
• Love to learn and relate fun stories about the history of Washington, DC
• Be able to work independently and make solid, sound decisions
• Have a calm, professional demeanor, with an ability to adapt in stressful situations
• Be punctual and reliable
• Be okay with spending entire days outside on hot summer days.
• Arrive on time and ready to provide truly great customer service for all guests and prospective customers
• Make guest experiences unforgettable from start to finish. This includes engaging and encouraging guests, giving a safe, informative, and entertaining tour, and taking responsibility for all guests and equipment
• Offer personal recommendations to guests regarding restaurants, museums, and attractions
• Basic office work to check in guests, take payments, train guests on how to ride Segways
• Occasional cleaning and maintenance of the machines
• Be willing to incorporate new tasks that help you and our company grow
Compensation: We offer a competitive wage, plus tips. Details to be discussed upon application.
Timeline: We will be accepting resumes with cover letters on a rolling basis and will begin to reach out to candidates for interviews immediately. Training will begin immediately upon hire.