JLN Construction Services, LLC is seeking a Project Manager with 5 years experience in the construction industry. The Project Manager is responsible for complete management of documents consisting of: project drawings, specifications, sketches, drawing supplements, permits, and logs. Successful candidate will have extensive experience in project planning, project execution, and close-out. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are vital, with attention to detail very important. This position will provide project management support on construction projects located in Prince George’s County, Baltimore County. Baltimore City, and Queen Anne County.
- Responsible for performing, coordinating, and/or overseeing daily project management activities during procurement, design, construction, and close-out phases.
- Develop and review design and construction plans and specifications including documenting information and writing reports.
- Perform site inspections and document contractor progress.
- Review construction documents and budgets to determine level of project completion.
- Manage electronic project management applications inclusive of various modules such as budget tracking, Schedule of Values (SOV) input, Request for Information (RFI), and submittals.
- Maintains all meeting minute records and notes for staff meetings, subcontractor meetings, and scope meetings.
- Provide technical assistance to construction team and subcontractors to ensure project is within approved budget.
- Review contractor change orders, prepare estimates, and negotiate the change order.
- Prepare modification documents for processing.
- Organize and maintain vendor documentation.
- Maintain project progress reports and schedules.
- Utilize computer based scheduling software.
- Prepare and submit AIA Billing
- Review and analyze complex construction contracts.
- Maintain accurate change order log, project closeouts and all related activities.
- Provide excellent customer service to contractors, tenants, and government agencies to resolve issues and ensure client satisfaction.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in engineering, civil engineering, architectural engineering, construction management or related field.
- Must have 5 years of experience managing design and construction projects with working knowledge of design, general construction, and site construction.
- Must have experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work a flex schedule if project requires.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects of varying complexity including multi-phase projects in design and construction.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with contractors, and government agencies to resolve open issues providing excellent customer service and client satisfaction.
- Ability to read/interpret design and construction drawings, specs, schematics and other documents.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft and email applications.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent Scheduling Skills
- Primavera (P6)
- Microsoft Project
- ProLog and other Construction Software
We are an equal opportunity employer.
JLN Construction Services, LLC (JLN) is a Baltimore-based Minority Business Enterprise established in January of 1997. With over a decade of experience, JLN Construction Services, LLC stands out as an exceptional and extensive service provider. Our dynamic approach to our work guarantees that, no matter the challenge, JLN will meet and exceed project delivery expectations. JLN continues to grow in value and size through planning, detail orientation and resolute execution of projects.
Location/Region: Baltimore, MD (US)