At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As an Innovation Lead within PNC's Treasury Management organization, you will be based in one of the following cities: Chicago, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Washington DC, New York, or Charlotte.Job Profile
- Ideates and develops new, innovative products to grow revenue and create a long-term sustainable advantage for the company.
- Leads the idea-generation process in area of focus through research and analysis. Develops a multi-year view for the area of focus. Conducts primary research with internal subject matter experts as well as clients. Serves as subject matter resource to promote ideation and development of innovation concepts across the company.
- Develops business case and execution strategy for new innovation concepts. Partners with Product Management teams and other key stakeholders gain buy-in for the concept and plan for execution. Monitors launched concepts/products against original business case and incorporate learnings into future development.
- Drives innovation concept through approval processes through clear presentation and issue resolution.
- Leads the development and management of the innovation concept through pilot or launch. Manages internal and external resources to ensure a timely launch.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Influencing - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.
Analytical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
Project Management - Extensive Experience
- Ability to plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of technical and administrative resources, to achieve project objectives.
Conceptual Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Identifies the critical ideas and interdependencies among system elements that impact performance.
Innovation - Working Experience
- Develops new ideas and initiatives that improve the performance of the organization.
Customer Behavior and Preferences - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to predict and motivate the behaviors and preferences of existing and desired future customers, and the ability to tailor products to meet their needs.
Competitive Environment - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize the processes, tools and techniques for gathering, analyzing, and communicating information about the competitive environment.
Product Development Strategy - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to design and implement a product development strategy within the organization.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry relevant experience is typically 8+ years. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.EEO Statement
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
Location/Region: Washington, DC