The Service Manager will receive general direction from the Community Manager. Complies with established policies and operation procedures. In the absence of the Community Manager, s/he will accept direction and instruction from the Assistant Community Manager or Regional Manager.
The essential functions of the Service Manager are as follows:
- Projects a professional image in all aspects of work performance, which includes, but is not limited to personal habits, demeanor, and attire. Meets company standards on conduct, attendance, etc. Models Mission and Foundations.
- Ensures the operation of maintenance of furnace, air conditioners, stoves, refrigerators, hot water heaters and other major appliances and equipment.
- Performs day-to-day maintenance duties to assure the preservation and upkeep of the buildings, fixtures and equipment. S/he provides the physical services for repairs. Provides high level of customer service.
- Performs the physical duties required to correct emergency conditions such as sewer back-ups, water flooding into apartments, etc. The corrective action also includes cleaning up during and after the condition is resolved. S/he mops up water and removes debris or whatever is necessary to restore the affected area to the same condition that existed prior to the incident.
- Assigns responsibilities to Service staff members as appropriate. Supervises the work of Service staff to ensure maximum efficiency. With Community Manager, trains and evaluates performance of Service staff.
- Provides written lists of noted deficiencies within the building to the Community Manager, outlining specific conditions, exact locations and recommendations for corrective actions. S/he reports to the Community Manager any poor housekeeping, damages to the units, etc., when s/he is in the unit performing corrective maintenance work.
- Understands financial implications of job duties. Acts accordingly.
- Coordinates with the Community Manager on scheduling preventive maintenance work and maintains logs for preventive maintenance.
- Meets with sales representatives and obtains the best prices for supplies such as light bulbs, plumbing, electrical, cleaning, etc. for the property.
- Assists with obtaining bids from contractors for major repairs and/or improvements on the property and Community Manager.
- Maintains equipment on the property in the best possible condition.
- Obtains bids for snow removal and coordinates any other personnel in cleaning the walks, breezeways, steps and common areas during a snow or ice storm.
- Maintains files containing written records of maintenance services, equipment inventory, operating manuals, general inventory, warranties on equipment and appliances, and keeps a record of dates apartments were painted, vinyl replacement and carpet replacement.
- Ability to comprehend and follows the precautions stated on the Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for all hazardous material used in the course of performing the functions of this position
- Performs other duties as assigned or necessary.
About this company
Humphrey Management is a residential property management firm dedicated to providing the leadership our communities need to thrive and grow. We manage over 5,000 conventional and affordable apartment homes throughout the Mid-Atlantic region, providing rental communities families, individuals and seniors are delighted to call home.
The Humphrey Companies are comprised of a group of full-service real estate firms: Humphrey Associates Inc., Humphrey Development Inc., Humphrey Management, Humphrey Real Estate Holdings LLC, Unit Construction LLC and Unit Services Inc. In 1983, Humphrey Management was formed to manage the communities we developed, with a commitment to exceptional customer service, attention to detail and strong asset performance as our foundation. Today we continue to manage our communities as well as communities for third party owners, earning a reputation for building strong, long-term relationships in the multifamily management industry.
Location/Region: Glen Burnie, MD (US)