Paul Reed Smith Guitars, one of the world’s premier guitar and amplifier manufacturers located in Stevensville, MD is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the full-time position of Purchasing Manager.
The Purchasing Manager develops, negotiates and executes purchasing strategies, improving vendor terms, reducing costs and ensuring on time delivery schedules using ERP planning and budgets. Performs strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend for new and existing products, searching for new suppliers, driving cost savings and improving the quality of parts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes short and long term sourcing strategies for direct materials.
- Strategies must support the consistent delivery of products at a fair market price at the prescribed quality level based on the operation’s requirements
- Works with purchasing team to drive projects targeting cost reductions of 4-6% of material spend annually
- Manages suppliers and associated relationships
- Exercises a value based quotation process - utilizes appropriate negotiating and purchasing techniques assuring high quality, value-based pricing and on-time delivery
- Plans, organizes, and manages daily activities related to the procurement of direct material
- Maintains proper inventories of direct material – balancing production needs and inventory costs
- Continually evaluates inventory levels, looking to reduce levels as possible to generate free cash flow
- Address “Exception Report” expediting and rescheduling materials as needed, addressing material shortages
- Supports new product introduction – sourcing new material and tooling
- Remains apprised of new technologies and alternate manufacturing techniques
- Analyzes market trends and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability and / or risks
- Invoice reconciliation and approval as required
- Develops an understanding of the supplier processes; identifies their process and system’s limitations
- Communicates PRS’ strategic objectives to our suppliers; insuring our suppliers clearly understand what is expected.
- Maintains the accuracy of purchasing records
- Working knowledge of how accounting / purchasing interface
Education and/or Experience:
- College degree preferred but not required
- Minimum of three (3) years in a similar purchasing and materials management role
- Manufacturing background preferred
- Experience sourcing and procuring manufactured components
- Experience working with an ERP system
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to gather and analyze data and to work with figures
- Solid judgement along with decision making skills
- Occasional domestic and international travel may be required
- Microsoft Office Suite
Your Career at PRS Guitars
Located in Stevensville, Maryland, Paul Reed Smith Guitars is one of the world’s premier guitar and amplifier manufacturers. Since our humble beginning in 1985, PRS Guitars has always strived to create the highest quality instruments possible. Guitar and amplifier building are very personal things here, as most of us are dedicated players, refining our craft as builders, musicians, and artists of all kinds. Our deep commitment to the craft and our culture of quality are what drives PRS in the workplace and the marketplace.
We are a unique bunch with passion, deeply-rooted culture, and an ever-maturing understanding of the instrument, so if you are looking for an exciting career opportunity within a fast-paced and dynamic organization, PRS could be a great fit for you! Being located on Kent Island gives us the best of both worlds within Maryland. And, we are less than a mile from the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, which makes commuting a snap regardless of which side of the bridge you call home. Please see the above listings for opportunities.
- Choose between one of three health insurance plans, with a health savings account and/or flexible spending account
- Dental coverage
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid long-term and short term disability
- Voluntary life insurance for the employee, spouse, and all dependents
- 401k plan
- Vacation time
- Employee guitar and discounts on PRS gear and apparel
Location/Region: Stevensville, MD (US)