The Bertelsmann Accounting Services, operating through Penguin Random House LLC. is seeking a credit and collection correspondent to join their team.
- Reviews credit held orders multiple times daily for disposition.
- Reviews and responds to voice mail, paper mail, email and faxes promptly.
- Responsible for claim research and resulting debit/credit adjustments or denials.
- Researches/responds to all internal and external customer inquiries.
- Initiates communication with customers within assigned territories.
- Maintains pertinent information regarding account status and history.
- Reviews accounts to determine credit exposure, based on guidelines set by management
- Responsible for maintenance to accounts and write-off documentation.
- Makes logical and sound decisions.
- Obtains customer financials to assess risk.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Negotiates reconciliations and payment plans within set guidelines.
- Decides/recommends method to enhance collection efforts, including payment plans, suspending shipments, placements, etc.
- Reports to manager for guidance and direction as required.
- Keeps management apprised of potential problems/concerns.
- Refers recommendation for situations beyond authority to manager for review and approval.
- Proactively explores new technology.
- Participates in training to enhance job skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years’ collection or related experience preferred
- Skills to communicate professionally and effectively, both verbal and written
- Ability to display good judgment and makes appropriate recommendations
- Strong organizational, prioritization and analytical skills; ability to handle multiple tasks
- Working knowledge of PC programs
- Familiarity with company policy and credit and bankruptcy laws
Location/Region: Westminster, MD (US)