Intralox, L.L.C. is looking for Mechanical Engineers for the Equipment Design and Integration teams in our Savage, MD offices.
Our Mechanical Engineers develop, design and supervise the fabrication and implementation of various components and equipment for complex conveyance projects. The engineer is also responsible for the documentation needed to assemble and install their designs. The Integration team specializes in turnkey material handling solutions for the postal & parcel industry. The team works closely with our customers determining their needs and then designing, engineering, manufacturing, installing, commissioning, training and supporting conveyance and sortation solutions. The engineer will rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, be familiar with a variety of industrial machine design concepts, and performs a variety of complicated tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Intralox offers an unparalleled opportunity for those who want to work for an established, yet consistently growing company, with opportunities for international exposure, continuous improvement, and career advancement. To learn more about our company culture, philosophy, and benefits, please visit our Careers website. Responsibilities:
- Design equipment according to customer specifications
- Collaborate and coordinate with Controls Engineer and Project Manager
- Perform a variety of complicated engineering tasks
- Prepare equipment manuals and other project documentation
- Support equipment installation and start-up, often on-site in customer plants
- Perform operation and maintenance training
- Collaborate and coordinate with various team members including but not limited to Controls Engineers, Project Managers and customers.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 6 years experience in industrial mechanical design; conveyor equipment design preferred but not required
- Travel required (10%) for equipment installation and troubleshooting; often taking place on weekends and holidays to meet customer scheduling requirements
- Proficient with commonly used GD&T concepts
- Proficient at creating detailed part, weldment, assembly, and installation drawings in Inventor and Autocad 2D
- Strong mechanical and analytical abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and Inventor 2D and 3D; programming languages also desired
- A self-managed individual who is a team player
- Must be able to meet the functional job requirements of the job including being able to lift 50 pounds and climb ladders
- Position located at Intralox offices in Savage, MD near Baltimore, MD/Washington, DC area
About this company
Laitram is a vibrant, forward-thinking company built on innovation, and brings integrity and continuous improvement to its four operating divisions-Intralox, Laitram Machinery, Lapeyre Stair and Laitram Machine Shop.
Location/Region: Baltimore, MD (US)