Join the Maryland Energy Administration (MEA) as we transform energy for the State of Maryland. This position will have an opportunity to work on the cutting edge of shaping and implementing Maryland’s energy policies to help the State become more competitive, innovative, and affordable. We are looking for the best and the brightest individuals to join the team to make Maryland one of the nation’s leaders in affordable, reliable, and clean energy.
- Supports communications team to develop targeted marketing and communications plans with a coherent integration of marketing tactics, digital channels, event and PR activities to effectively promote programs.
- Manage the planning and execution of agency activities including but not limited to meetings, conferences, press events, trade shows and community activities as needed.
- Assist in the development, management and implementation of a comprehensive email strategy to engage all audiences and build awareness of our energy programs and services. Experience with test and learn strategy, tracking and analyzing results to optimize email performance a plus.
- Effectively deliver results of marketing and communications objectives within budget.
- Assist with development of consistent and effective messaging of external documents and promotional materials to support our marketing activities.
- Manage outside agencies and vendors on an as needed basis.
- Evaluate and track the success of programs and campaigns.
- Ensure compliance with brand strategy and corporate identity of agency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, language skills
- Experience with social media and energy issues preferred
- Team oriented, have strong communication skills and influencing skills
- Demonstrated interest in marketing – internship, coursework or work experience
- Detail oriented, resourceful, and able to prioritize under deadlines
- Leadership, interpersonal skills, creative thinker and problem solver
- BA or BS in Marketing, Communications, or related field - course work or prior experience, considered in lieu of a degree
To Apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample by email with “Intern – Marketing and Communications” in the subject line to Jobs.MEA@maryland.gov. Candidates will receive notification of receipt; however, only the top candidates will be invited to interview for the position.
Salary: This is a full-time internship position and does not accrue full benefits. Pay is flexible and position has the ability to be extended or develop within the organization.
Location/Region: Baltimore, MD (US - 21230)