FUNCTIONAL TITLE: Business Manager #108184
POSITION SUMMARY/PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position manages a variety of activities, including, but not limited to: budgeting, human resources, accounting, procurement, travel, inventory, ordering, financial forecasting, billing, revenue tracking, and other activities related to the running of the administrative and financial aspects of the Office.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, business, finance or a related field
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in finance, accounting, project management, auditing, or other related field
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in Excel to prepare and analyze complex spreadsheets
- Highly developed organization skills, ability to multi-task, and attention to detail
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting, reconciliation, and revenue tracking
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills and ability to summarize financial information
- Highly organized, proactive, solution-driven, and customer-service oriented individual
- Experience in higher education
- Experience at University of Maryland system (including knowledge of various systems such as KFS, ELF, PHR)
Must be able to attend meetings across campus. Primarily sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
Closing Date: February 16, 2018
Submission: Resume, Cover Letter and List of References via https://ejobs.umd.edu/.
Location/Region: College Park, MD (US)