The Harrisburg Downtown Improvement District (DID) is seeking a self-driven, detailed oriented thinker and highly motivated marketing and social media specialist with the focus on social media, website management, ad content and public relations, among other marketing responsibilities. This position requires fundamental marketing techniques, creating engaging content, maintaining consistent branding, and implementing marketing campaigns, events and programs that promotes the DID and its mission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all blog postings, including writing, editing, scheduling, optimizing and sharing multiple times via social media outlets and platforms
- Responsible for developing, scheduling, tracking, analyzing and reporting on social media and ad initiatives.
- Produce and distribute the weekly e-newsletter
- Sustain the website including updates and design changes to promote the DID, its business community and events and activities.
- Manage and operate the electronic message board in Market Square.
- Cultivate solid relationships with all media outlets to promote the DID
- Support our growing list of DID events, programs and activities; develop and advance our sponsorship opportunities for DID events, programs and activities and stakeholders programs and activities.
- Expand and manage all advertising campaigns.
- Other assigned tasks related to the development of DID activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Marketing Communications, Public Relations and/or a combination of related studies/experience is preferred but is not required
- Social Media marketing experience, including tracking, analysis and reporting of data and results
- Solid knowledge of Search Engine Marketing (SEM), social media, and digital marketing tools
- Demonstrated success driving content across multiple social channels
- Experience with graphic design a plus, including experience in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator with the willingness to learn new programs if required
- Additional experience in general Marketing and PR is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proactive thinking, troubleshooting and adaptability to change directions
- Excellent interpersonal skills, analytical, decision making, problem solving and an ability to maintain confidentiality
- Aptitude for organization in implementing new and creative events and activities
- Highly effective communicator , both verbal and written, with proven content writing and editing skills
- Excellent at self-managing priorities and timelines for multiple creative tasks at once
- An openness to and willingness to provide constructive criticism, and a critical eye for one’s own work and outcomes.
- Self-motivated, team player who takes accountability and ownership of his/her own work
- Demonstrated team player with the ability to work both cooperatively and independently in a small office environment
The physical demands are that of an office environment that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Occasionally, more physical activity may be required related to assistance with event set up/breakdown for special events. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Benefits include paid parking, 20 days of personal time (vacation and sick) prorated per calendar year, employee health coverage (medical, dental, vision), and retirement plan matching funds.