Maintenance Electrician Washington, DC
Ready to use your electrical expertise on a premiere project
? Parsons has a need for a licensed Electrician at the Architect of the Capitol's Utility Distribution System in Washington, DC Overview:
Parsons performs Operation and Maintenance and Preventative Maintenance services on the AOC's Utility Distribution System which consists of 5 miles of steam and chilled water systems serving 19 buildings/facilities on Capitol Hill. Opportunity:
The Maintenance Electrician performs a variety of electrical trade functions such as the installation, maintenance, or repair of equipment for the generation, distribution, or utilization of electric energy. Work involves most of the following: installing or repairing any of a variety of electrical equipment such as generators, transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, conduit systems, or other transmission equipment; working from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications, locating and diagnosing trouble in the electrical system or equipment, working standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment, and using a variety of electrician's hand tools and measuring and testing instruments. In general, the work of the maintenance electrician requires rounded training and experience usually acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
Much of the work will be done in a confined space tunnel. Candidates will be required at times to work outside in all types of weather. At times, the candidate will be required to provide and document a safety watch function. Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to operate motor vehicles, to complete pickup and delivery of equipment and other assigned duties. Must have valid Driver's License and a clean driving record. Motor vehicle print out may be required as proof.
- Must be able to lift objects weighing 50 pounds and climb ladders repeatedly.
- There will be a requirement to pass the following tests; Heat Stress, Asbestos Awareness, Lock Out/ Tag Out, Respiratory Protection and Safety (all written). Satisfactory completion of a physical fitness test is required.
- Must hold a current Journeyman Electrical License
- American citizenship or green card required. Candidates will be required to pass a background check and obtain client's security clearance.
Location/Region: Washington, DC