* Develop and maintain strong working relationships with target HCPs.
* Deliver MLR approved, education-focused messages, as well as the assigned therapeutic area disease-state information to target HCPs.
* Enhance HCP awareness of Shire products clinical data, safety & efficacy.
* Equip HCPs with appropriate tools to facilitate a robust conversation, enabling them to teach their patients about the assigned therapeutic area.
* Build HCP knowledge and confidence in identifying treatment gaps in all domains.
* Increase awareness of the assigned therapeutic area, and help HCP identify treatment gaps in diagnosed patients.
* Expected to achieve call activity and adherence targets; as well as financial goals for assigned territory.
Education & Experience Requirements
* Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a scientific field.
* Two or more years of pharmaceutical sales experience or equivalent are required.
* Two or more years of specialty pharmaceutical experience or equivalent required, preferably in the assigned therapeutic area.
* Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of healthcare institutions and commercial managed care; experience selling within healthcare institutions preferred.
* Eye care/Ophthalmology experience preferred
Location/Region: Washington, DC