The Technology Services Group is responsible for providing a sound and robust technology infrastructure for our business and systems. The Network Security Operations, Senior is responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of network and network security infrastructure, voice infrastructure and application components.
• Design, setup and configure complex Check Point firewall environments.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking and WAN.
• Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS, Ether-Channel (Bonding), etc.
• Provides network security systems administration support to users for Check Point firewalls, Blue Coat proxies, F5 Big IP, Cisco switches, routers and ASA, InfoBlox IPAM.
• Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
• Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors and etc. to provide technical assistance and support.
• Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.)
• Coordinates activities with other system areas and vendors, and deals with network security systems planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing and servicing.
• Support 24x7 on-call rotation.
- College Degree or equivalent experience; advanced studies/degree preferred.
- Typically has 5-7+ years of related experience.
- Experience troubleshooting network and network security problems.
- Experience with Check Point firewalls, Blue Coat proxies, F5 Big IP, Cisco switches, routers and ASA, InfoBlox IPAM.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Location/Region: Reston, VA