ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE OF THE COURTS
(This position is exempt from the State of Delaware Merit Rules)
TELECOMMUNICATIONS/NETWORK TECHNOLOGIST II
Opening Date: December 15, 2017 Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Salary: $51,242 - $64,053- $76,864 per year (Minimum – Midpoint- Maximum)
Pay Grade 17
Recruiting For: Administrative Office of the Courts, Judicial Information Center
Location: New Castle County (Please check this location on your application)
*Salary applicable for this position is based upon the qualifications of the individual applicant.
Summary Statement: This is the Telecom/Network Technologist II position, responsible for planning, implementing, designing, analyzing, and maintaining moderately complex network infrastructures. An employee may become eligible for consideration to move to the next level of the career ladder – Telecommunications/Network Technologist III – after one year within this classification, once he or she meets the minimum qualifications and performance requirements for the higher level, and possesses the ability to perform at that level.
- Proposes technical solutions to network hardware and software needs
- Configures and installs network hardware and software that conform to technical design standards
- Maintains and administers computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations using tools like SCCM, WSUS and NTM
- Responds to network issues 24x7x365 to ensure the stability and availability of the Delaware Judicial Branch’s critical systems and data
- Manages the physical footprint of the Court’s infrastructure Statewide
- Plans, coordinates, and implements network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware. This includes regular monitoring of network traffic within our subnets
- Tracks performance issue patterns and plans accordingly to further develop or revise the LAN to meet user needs while sustaining compliance with State guidelines
- Reviews State level changes to standards and policies and ensures the infrastructure is in compliance
- Creates, updates and maintains network diagrams created in Microsoft Visio
- Communicates regularly with technical and non-technical resources to understand issues and coordinate resolution
- Researches and implements new and innovative solutions as the infrastructure is updated, modified or expanded upon
Minimum Qualifications: Please address each item separately on the Minimum Qualifications page of the application. Failure to do so will result in disqualification. Applicants must meet each of the following qualifications. Failure in any one area will result in a rating of “not qualified.” Resumes may not be substituted for the application.
- At least two (2) years VMWare administration experience which would include the creation of virtual machines, P2V’s, storage allocation using a SAN, virtual host resource management, setting up high availability between hosts
- At least two (2) years experience monitoring network performance and security
- At least two (2) years Windows network administration experience. This experience includes but is not limited to Server 2012 administration, IIS administration, security management, print server management, backup and restore, and help desk tier-3 support
- At least one (1) year experience using SCCM with WSUS integrated to manage end user and server side equipment. This includes patch management, Windows updates, PC imaging, software version management, reporting and other SCCM features
- Ability to configure and administer Cisco switches. This includes saving and loading configurations, modifying existing configurations, monitoring hardware performance and health, and installing new hardware as needed
- Experience in maintaining and refreshing network hardware. This includes the creation and adherence to a maintenance schedule as well as ensuring hardware replacement is accounted for in an organization’s budget
- Experience designing and modifying network diagrams (familiarity with Microsoft Visio and Solarwinds Network Topology Mapper is a plus)
- Ability to communicate courteously and effectively, both verbally and in writing, including the ability to communicate complex, technical information in a format appropriate to ensure audience comprehension with a diverse group of clients such as end-users, staff, and coworkers
Conditions of Employment:
- A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
- Direct deposit of paychecks is required as a condition of employment.
Benefits: To learn more about the comprehensive benefit package please visit the website at http://ben.omb.delaware.gov/.
Submitting Your Application: Visit the website at http://courts.delaware.gov/career/ and review the complete job announcement, then click on “apply” next to the job posting. Then print, or complete and print, the Judicial Branch Non-Merit Employment Application in either Microsoft© Word or PDF format. Applications should be submitted by any one of the formats listed below prior to the closing date stated on this announcement.
- Send your application as an e-mail attachment with the words “Application Form” in the subject line to: email@example.com (preferred method)
- Fax your application to: (302) 255-2482, Attention: Human Resources
- Mail your application to:
Administrative Office of the Courts
The Renaissance Centre
405 N. King Street, Suite 507
Wilmington, DE 19801-3700
Attachments to Applications:
- Please do not submit copies of evaluations, letters of reference, training certificates, or college transcripts unless requested.
- If supplemental information is requested by the posting, be sure to include it when you submit your application prior to the closing date.
- Applications or additional information will not be accepted after the closing date.
- Resumes will not be accepted unless accompanied by the application.
- Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458.
- TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance.
The Delaware Judiciary
An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Location/Region: Wilmington, DE (US - 19801)