First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) operates through its family of companies to help people achieve and protect their dream of homeownership. First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. With experience dating back to 1889, First American is a leading provider of title insurance protection and settlement services to the real estate and mortgage industries. More information about the company can be found at www.firstam.com
Tired of those billable hour requirements? Not interested in business development and would rather focus on providing solutions to your cases? Want better work-life balance? Ready for a change with an in-house opportunity?
The Law Group Counsel position with First American Title Insurance Company provides an excellent opportunity for counsel to manage their own caseload in a collegial environment with an opportunity for long term growth and advancement. Law Group Counsel are responsible for litigating matters arising from title insurance claims, escrow, and claims against the company.
Among the responsibilities of Law Group Counsel are the following:
• Managing the strategy, handling and overseeing of an independent title insurance litigation case load
• Prepare and file pleadings, discovery, and motions and attend court appearances and depositions
• Resolution of title insurance and escrow related matters through the litigation process
The Law Group Counsel position provides an excellent and stimulating in-house opportunity for the right candidate. We are looking for an attorney who shows initiative, has sound judgment, can make independent decisions, is a team player, and has excellent analytic and litigation skills. The candidate does not need to have title litigation experience, although such experience and/or real property litigation experience is preferred. If you are a hard worker, excellent litigator, and looking to grow with a company named to the FORTUNE "100 Best Companies to Work For"" list for 2017, you are encouraged to apply.
• Law Degree Required.
• Membership in the Pennsylvania State Bar required; additional membership in the New Jersey State Bar highly desirable.
• Minimum 5+ years professional litigation experience with emphasis on real estate matters, including experience in trial, depositions, mediation and arbitration. Specific expertise with title insurance, escrow and lender litigation highly desirable.
• Quiet title litigation experience required.
• Strong critical thinking, decision making skills and analytical skills.
• Excellent communications, negotiation and organizational skills.
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Berwyn, PA