Working closely with attorneys and other members of the Global Business Development Team, the Business Development Specialist will leverage his/her research, writing and analytical skills to support the firm in executing business development and marketing initiatives. Under the direction of the Senior Business Development Manager, the specialist will support all Washington-based lawyers, with responsibility for the antitrust, financial institutions/regulatory, litigation/enforcement and structured finance practice groups. Successful candidates will be comfortable driving tasks and projects to completion, working both independently and collaboratively, to achieve specified goals while adapting to change, balancing competing and shifting priorities, working overtime as firm needs require, and managing demands outside of core business hours.
- Preparing pitches, RFP responses and credentials, serving as business development point person in preparing such materials, including:
- Coordinating with lead attorneys to develop strategic approaches.
- Liaising with attorneys and other administrative departments and utilizing internal databases to collect relevant information.
- Drafting, editing and customizing pitch and proposal content, and assembling and submitting final materials.
- Refining, growing and maintaining the Firm’s collection of materials as they relate to the various practices this position supports.
- Maintaining records for, and analyzing outcomes of, pitches and fee proposals.
- Evaluating practice group strengths and conducting research on existing and prospective clients, competitor activity and industry or market trends to aid in the development of marketing plans, pitches, presentations and proposals.
- Preparing company research reports including background information, advisory relationships and market intelligence utilizing internal and external data sources.
- Preparing target lists containing internal and external metrics.
- Monitoring and tracking new developments in various industries and geographic regions using internal and external data sources.
- Coordinating with business development teams (U.S. and global) supporting other practice areas on cross-selling initiatives.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly internal practice, client team and business development activity reports, as well as practice group meeting agendas
- Assisting media team with league table submissions, award submissions, profile-raising initiatives and reporting deals to preferred outlets.
- Working closely with Directories Analyst to prepare legal directory submissions; coordinating with practice groups to finalize submissions and references and prepare lawyers for researcher interviews.
- Planning annual client event and various practice sponsorships in coordination with Events team.
- Liaising with Marketing and Communications team on website content, marketing collateral and other practice-specific content, respectively.
- Performing other projects as assigned.
Location/Region: Washington, DC (US - 20006)