Principal Reliability Engineer
Cobham is seeking a Principal Reliability Engineer to perform reliability and maintainability modeling, allocations, predictions, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMECA), Failure Reporting and Corrective Action Systems (FRACAS), and support Failure Review Boards (FRBs). Develop, coordinate, and conduct technical reliability studies and evaluations of engineering design concepts. Experience with stress analysis predictions and physics of failure analyses is a plus. Develop environmental and reliability test plans and procedures for complex systems. Prepare and present material at design and program reviews.
- Knowledge of Reliability and Testability Engineering design practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective working relationships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, technical writing experience, and an ability to perform oral presentations in front of large groups.
- Ability to communicate findings to customers and management.
- Self-starter capable of performing assigned tasks with very little or no direction; interacts well with others.
- Analytical thinker with a demonstrated ability of solving complex problems which require ingenuity and innovation.
- Conduct and prepares Root Cause and Corrective Action initiatives and presents findings.
- Coordinate and direct the work efforts of lower level engineers and support personnel, if assigned.
- Attends conferences and meetings to represent assigned activity.
- Develop reliability predictions using Relex and/or approved prediction methodologies for mechanical and electrical designs.
- Identify Failure Reporting, Analysis, and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) trends to identify and prioritize failure modes to investigate for corrective actions.
- Perform Built-In-Test (BIT) analysis, implementation, and validation.
- Interact with engineers, subcontractors, suppliers, program managers and customers during the investigation, documentation and resolution of system failures.
- Review Engineering Change Proposals (ECP).
- Lead Failure Review Boards (FRB).
- Support design reviews and test activities as required.
8+ years experience in Reliability and Testability Engineering design practices.Experience conducting Reliability efforts and testing and verification to include experience with performing reliability predictions, FMECA (failure mode, effects, and criticality analysis), and fault tree analysisExperience with reliability FRACAS (failure reporting, analysis, and corrective action system) and data mining.Knowledge and experience with statistical concepts and analysis.Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings/schematics.Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective working relationships Excellent oral and written communication skills, technical writing experience, and an ability to perform oral presentations in front of large groups.Ability to communicate findings to customers and management.Self-starter capable of performing assigned tasks with very little or no direction; interacts well with others. Ability to apply various Reliability, Maintainability, and Supportability engineering analyses to ensure proposed designs meet required specificationsExperience with Navy Maintenance Planning and Provisioning Parts ListingsIn order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
Maintainability and Testability/Built-In-Test (BIT) engineering experience.Experience with SLICWAVE 5.0Experience with Logistics Product Data (GEIA-STED-0007)Familiarly with Military Specifications and Military aircraft.Strong electromechanical skills
Cobham’s values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world’s leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
Location/Region: Lansdale, PA (US)