Project Manager for NEPA/SEPA-Compliance Studies (Full Time)
Location: Raleigh, NC
Department / Division: Transportation: Planning
BUILD YOUR CAREER AT RK&K
RK&K is a large, nationally ranked design and construction management firm specializing in transportation, environmental and energy projects. Our success is based on our ability to deliver what our clients want using sound, technical solutions, to achieve the best possible outcome on a project. Our unique culture is an expression of our ability to treat every one of our 1,200 employees as a professional.
Project Manager for NEPA/SEPA-Compliance Studies – Position Requirements:
- *10 to 15 years of experience completing National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)-compliance studies (Categorical Exclusions, Environmental Assessments and/or Environmental Impact Statements) to develop and analyze N.C. Department of Transportation (NCDOT) projects
*At this time, we are only accepting applicants that have experience completing NCDOT projects with the former Project Development and Environmental Analysis Unit (in-house or as a consultant).
- Experience scoping, estimating and negotiating NEPA-compliance studies with NCDOT
- Experience with the North Carolina Environmental Policy Act (SEPA), Section 4(f) of the Department of Transportation Act, Section 106 National Historic Preservation Act, Section 7 of the Endangered Species Act, Environmental Justice, Farmland Protection Act, Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Section 6(f) of the Land and Water Conservation Fund Act and/or other applicable laws/regulations
- Experience managing NEPA or SEPA-compliance studies
- Experience with resource and regulatory agency coordination
- Experience with development of public outreach materials, public involvement programs and public comment summaries
- Excellent verbal, presentation, research and technical writing skills
- Exceptional attitude, organizational skills and ability to work in teams
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams and facilitating public outreach toward the development of transportation projects (highway, rail and/or bridges)
- Experience in addressing compliance with local, state and federal laws, regulations and policies that guide assessment and development of transportation projects
- Available for occasional day-long or over-night business travel, if needed, for meetings and site visits (mostly within North Carolina or other states along the East Coast)
- Master of Science or Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering (Transportation/Traffic), Transportation Planning, City & Regional Planning, Environmental Science or related fields
- Microsoft Word and Excel experience
- ArcGIS, MicroStation and PowerPoint experience are a plus (optional)
- Full-time position with a benefit package
- Salary is based on experience
- The position is based out of our Raleigh Office, located at 900 Ridgefield Drive, Suite 350, Raleigh, NC 27609.
- Please contact Ms. Kristina Miller, PE, Planning Group Manager, via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ask questions and request an application. Applications are due by July 1, 2017.
RK&K offers an excellent compensation package commensurate with experience, and a comprehensive benefits package including high-end healthcare, 401(k) with an attractive match, paid time off, company medical/dental plans, and tuition reimbursement.
RK&K is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About this company
RK&K is a nearly 1,200-person, multi-discipline consulting firm, providing planning, design and CM/CI/CEI services in the mid-Atlantic, SW and Texas. Founded in 1923, RK&K has satisfied their clients by offering innovative and efficient solutions from 22 offices in eight states and Washington, DC. RK&K’s technical expertise places us 69th on ENR’s 2016 listing of the Top 500 Design Firms. Our award-winning and diversified staff is experienced in an array of disciplines, including transportation; natural & man-made environmental; CM/CI/CEI; site planning & design; energy & utilities; geospatial solutions.
RK&K is a limited liability partnership, managed by four equal partners; working closely with them are Senior Directors and Directors - key leaders who manage and coordinate projects and staff, serve as liaisons with clients and subconsultants and enhance projects with their technical expertise.
RK&K is one of the most respected engineering firms in the region, receiving numerous awards and recognition from clients and professional organizations for work performed on many diverse projects. Our biggest differentiator is our people. The RK&K Team is known for its technical know-how, over-the-top personal service and - most importantly - successfully achieving our clients' goals.
Since our founding in 1923, the RK&K team has served public and private sector clients by providing multi-discipline planning, engineering, environmental and construction phase services. We offer innovative and efficient solutions on a variety of projects nationwide from our 22 offices in eight states and Washington, DC. Our award-winning and diversified staff is experienced in an array of design and construction disciplines, including planning; engineering design; and construction management, inspection and engineering for transportation, environmental, infrastructure, utility, site and surveying and energy/pipeline projects. Every one of our nearly 1,200 team members understands what it takes to deliver success to our clients:
Responsive People | Creative Solutions
Rummel Klepper & Kahl (RK&K)
81 Mosher Street,
Baltimore, MD 21217