Construction Manager (Full Time)
Location: Fairfax, VA
Department / Division: Construction: Construction Inspection
RK&K is one of the region’s premier Transportation Construction Management/Construction Inspection firms. Ranked in the top 100 of ENR's Top 500 Firms.
We have immediate openings for professionals to manage complex highway/bridge construction and/or vertical projects in and around our Nation’s Capital.
Duties and Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to, the following):
* Manage assigned elements of projects as an owner’s representative to assure contract compliance for roadway, structure, and bridge construction projects
* Serve as a communication liaison between field staff, contractor, design team and citizens.
* Determine inspection staffing needs, provide staff supervision and management, research and interpret contract requirements providing technical guidance to staff and ensure quality of work product
* Update and track financial information including cost projections for projects
* Participate in Preconstruction Services (scoping, utility conflicts, constructability & Bidability)
* Manage the Project Close-out process, including as-builts, final quantities and final acceptance
* Focus attention on the success of key project elements: Safety & Environmental, Quality, Schedule and Cost
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Needed):
* Minimum 10 years of experience
* VDOT, DDOT and other local public agency experience desired
* CM experience in roadway, utilities, and structures
* Understanding of contractor means & methods and materials
* Understanding of QA/QC development and execution process
* Understanding RFI and Submittal Processes as well as experience running project meetings and
developing meeting minutes
* Ability to read and interpret contract plans, specifications, standards, etc.
* Proficient in MS Office software, P6 or other CPM scheduling software
* SiteManager experience preferred
* VDOT Material Certifications are a plus (Asphalt, Pavement Marking, ACI, Traffic Safety, etc.)
* P.E. license preferred
* Certified Construction Manager (CCM) or ability to attain credential also preferred
* Acceptable driving record
* Ability to pass Criminal History Background Check (CHBC)
The position is in Fairfax VA. RK&K offers an excellent compensation package commensurate with experience, and a comprehensive benefits package including high-end healthcare, 401(k), paid time off, company medical/dental plans, and tuition reimbursement.
RK&K is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About this company
RK&K is a nearly 1,200-person, multi-discipline consulting firm, providing planning, design and CM/CI/CEI services in the mid-Atlantic, SW and Texas. Founded in 1923, RK&K has satisfied their clients by offering innovative and efficient solutions from 22 offices in eight states and Washington, DC. RK&K’s technical expertise places us 69th on ENR’s 2016 listing of the Top 500 Design Firms. Our award-winning and diversified staff is experienced in an array of disciplines, including transportation; natural & man-made environmental; CM/CI/CEI; site planning & design; energy & utilities; geospatial solutions.
RK&K is a limited liability partnership, managed by four equal partners; working closely with them are Senior Directors and Directors - key leaders who manage and coordinate projects and staff, serve as liaisons with clients and subconsultants and enhance projects with their technical expertise.
RK&K is one of the most respected engineering firms in the region, receiving numerous awards and recognition from clients and professional organizations for work performed on many diverse projects. Our biggest differentiator is our people. The RK&K Team is known for its technical know-how, over-the-top personal service and - most importantly - successfully achieving our clients' goals.
Since our founding in 1923, the RK&K team has served public and private sector clients by providing multi-discipline planning, engineering, environmental and construction phase services. We offer innovative and efficient solutions on a variety of projects nationwide from our 22 offices in eight states and Washington, DC. Our award-winning and diversified staff is experienced in an array of design and construction disciplines, including planning; engineering design; and construction management, inspection and engineering for transportation, environmental, infrastructure, utility, site and surveying and energy/pipeline projects. Every one of our nearly 1,200 team members understands what it takes to deliver success to our clients:
Responsive People | Creative Solutions
Rummel Klepper & Kahl (RK&K)
81 Mosher Street,
Baltimore, MD 21217