Linden Hall, founded in 1746 and the nation’s oldest boarding school for young women, is searching for a full-time School Nurse. Located in the historical Pennsylvania borough of Lititz, Linden Hall is renowned for its robust college-preparatory program, its dedication to music and the visual and dramatic arts, and the immersion of its students in a vibrant community where leadership, curiosity, and creativity are fostered every day.
The School Nurse is responsible for managing and coordinating the School’s health services program based on requirements established by school policies, procedures and protocols, and by local, state and national regulations and statutes; maintain and operate the school clinic.
Major Job Duties Include:
- - Ensure compliance with procedures, protocols and other instructions provided by the Dean of Students or contained in school manuals, handbooks or protocols
- - Provide nursing care and physical screening to students; assess students and implement first aid measures for students as needed
- - Assume responsibility for appropriate assessment, planning, intervention, evaluation, management and referral activities for students.
- - Implement and record required screening programs; notify parent when further medical evaluation is indicated.
- - Establish and update health immunization records.
- - Prepare and maintain student clinic records and prepare required reports.
- - Administer daily and PRN (as needed) medications and nursing care procedures prescribed by the student’s physician.
- - Initiate emergency procedures for students and staff as needed.
- - Provide health education and anticipatory health counseling
- - Follow procedures for suspected cases or child abuse or neglect.
- Maintain clinic equipment and assesses the need for consumable supplies on an as needed basis.
- Manage the process for billing.
- Perform related work as required.
- Manage Parent Education and Communication regarding Magnus.
- Responsible for ensuring students have transportation to and from medical appointments.
- Responsible for ensuring all students have adequate medical insurance coverage.
- Currently licensed as a registered nurse in Pennsylvania and in good standing with the Pennsylvania Board of Nursing.
- Valid CPR/AED Certification
- Valid First Aid Certification
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- A minimum one to three years nursing experience and experience in community health, pediatrics, emergency care and triage, psychiatry and/or a physician’s office preferred.
- Ability to use clinic/medical equipment; possess basic pharmacological knowledge; ability to assess emergency situations and act accordingly; comfortable knowledge of universal procedures and ability to teach this to others; good oral and written communication skills; basic computer skills
- Ability to lift up to 30lb
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, and move around the school and campus throughout the day
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
Please send resume and cover letter to: Lana Valenzuela, Director of Operations and Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org.