The primary function of the Infusion Nurse RN is to provide essential in-home IV Infusion medical treatment, response management and follow up care to our clients after receiving a physician order for nursing services. In addition, within an assigned geographical territory, the Infusion Nurse RN will administer and monitor patients in the home during treatment and provide the necessary education on treatment regimen, condition management and treatment self-administration when appropriate. This is a multi-faceted role of nurse, trainer and coordinator and the individual must be calm, professional with the ability and willingness to work with a wide range of personality types in a variety of environments.
• Provide patient clinical coordination in a variety of environments including home, infusion suites, hospitals and doctor offices.
• Coordinate with pharmacists to address changes in patient condition or drug management issues.
• Collaborate and confer with TRC (Therapeutic Resource Center) staff regarding patient status and treatment needs
• Document all interactions and communication with patients, plan of treatment (POT), assessment, treatments, patient responses/reactions to treatment, status of disease process and training activities in a timely manner using company issued tools.
• Complete training for new/specialty infusion therapies.
• Nursing degree, BSN preferred
• 2 – 5 years of relevant working experience; to include at least one year as a specialized RN in acute or home care/home infusion environment;
• Completion of intravenous skill inventory/training
• Registered Nursing Licensure
• Unrestricted driver’s license in state of residence
• General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office, Internet and email; Home internet access is required
• Strong venous access skills must be able to access peripheral veins
• Availability to work weekend hours if needed, and flexibility to work alternate shifts on short notice
• Ability to lift and perform repetitive motions
• Critical care experience preferred
• Previous home infusion experience a strongly preferred
Job CategoryGeneralPrimary LocationUnited States-Virginia-AshburnWork LocationsAshburn, VA - 44927 George Washington Blvd44927 George Washington Blvd.Suite 135Ashburn20147
ScheduleFull-timeShiftAnyEmployee StatusRegularTravelYes, 100 % of the TimeWork From Home?No
Internal ID: REQ20007218