Kuoni Destination Management USA Inc. provides a range of destination management services from transportation and staffing to full theme event production, operating from offices strategically located across the nation. Kuoni DM is committed to creating the best value for people: our clients, employees, and business partners. Kuoni Group, our parent company, is one of the world’s largest travel companies and a world leader in the premium and specialist segment. An industry leader for over 50 years, Kuoni DM was recently named in the Top 25 for Special Events Magazine.
We are currently looking for Account Coordinators in our Washington D.C., Chicago and Miami locations that will be responsible for assisting the Sales Team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
An Account Coordinator supports the Sales Team with various functions that include: creating proposals budget, and contracts, interacting with vendors and clients, assisting and attending site inspections and participating on-site during program operations as needed.
- Create proposals and budgets for programs
- Book/confirm vendors, maintain vendor sheet
- Manage vendor library and assist with researching new products, venues, services, etc. (product development)
- Build strong relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Brainstorm with sales team on RFP’s (request for proposal) from client
- Create detailed contracts for clients
- Check supplier certificate of insurance for compliance and update in the system
- Create/update sales kits and promotional materials
- Provide on-site program support before/after office hours as needed
- Build strong relationships with internal and external customers
- Form strong knowledge of the services Kuoni DM offers as well as knowledge of the city
- Support the Sales Team with all administrative and program needs
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-2 years experience in the DMC industry, hospitality and/or event planning preferred
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) proficient and accurate on keyboard
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal and management skills
- Must be able to effectively multitask. Oversee concurrent projects in deadline driven environment and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Calm under deadlines
- Detail oriented, well organized, resourceful and able to work independently as well as with a team in identifying problems and resolving client issues
- Self-starter who can work with minimal direction
- Creative ideas and writing a plus
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong desire to stay on top of trends in the Special Event industry
- Willing to attend after hours industry networking functions
Kuoni DM offers full medical, dental and vision benefits to full time employees, in addition to 401(K) and income protection options. Full-time employees are also eligible to accrue 1.5 day of paid leave per month, in addition to 13 paid holidays. Kuoni DM rewards employees for their long term service with anniversary award bonuses.
Please include your salary requirements in your cover letter.
Kuoni Destination Management USA Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kuoni Destination Management USA Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kuoni Destination Management USA Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Kuoni Destination Management USA Inc.’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.