Senior Principal Systems Engineer
Cobham is seeking a Senior Principal Systems Engineer that will apply broad technical knowledge and skills in various scientific/technical disciplines to the analysis, planning and development of major subsystems and small-scale systems (primarily in the EA business area). The Senior Systems Engineer provides in-depth technical insight to ensure that subsystem and system designs achieve "best value" goals of meeting performance and life cycle requirements within allocated budget and schedule constraints. The Senior Systems Engineer ensures maximum effectiveness and a minimum life cycle cost of company products, while maintaining consistency within established company principles and methods. This position is located in Lansdale, PA.
- Conduct detailed definition and analysis of subsystem performance characteristics to ensure responsiveness to performance requirements
- Propose and recommend technical solutions and define potential impacts on cost, schedule and programmatic risk
- Generate system block diagrams, interface control drawings (ICDs), and assembly outline drawings
- Decompose functional requirements into individual processes and allocates each requirement to appropriate design discipline, generate/review written specifications
- Maintain current requirements traceability matrix by monitoring specification requirements through the testing phase to guarantee adherence to specifications
- Provide technical support and detailed contribution to system performance specification to guarantee integrity and completeness of subsequent design
- Analyze and document interface requirements and characteristics within and across entities to facilitate system integration and ensure consistency and compatibility among components
- Perform work planning, budget/schedule management, & identify technical deliverables for system components and provide recommendation to ensure adherence to program milestones and budgets
- Develop subsystem test procedures and conduct components testing and Acceptance Test Procedure (ATP) dry runs. Participate in subsystem and system acceptance testing to demonstrate responsiveness to performance specifications
- B.S. Technical Discipline to include Engineering, Physics or Mathematics with twelve(12) yrs of Systems Engineering experience or MS degree in Electrical or Systems Engineering + two (2) years in a Systems Engineering role
- Experience with or knowledge of EW Conops, threats and countermeasures, airborne environments, and aircraft control interfaces.
- Experience as a system architect for product development including architecture design, trade studies, specifications, system design, and test for airborne EW
- Experience interfacing with key internal and external customers, i.e., executives, military officers, government officials, etc.
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance.
-Willing to travel
-Must have DoD experience
- Well-developed knowledge of complex hardware systems
- Experience supporting new business development and capture
- Working experience with high power RF transmitters and antennas, filtering designs; modulation techniques; Built in Test digital control and software
- Hands-on integration & validation experience including test and sell off of systems
- Regarded as a technical lead. Examples of expertise could include pending / approved patents or trade secrets in a cross-section of the areas noted
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing, Active Electronically Scanned Arrays (AESAs), Electromagnetic Interference (EMI)
- Systems modeling with MATLAB or equivalent tools, DOORS requirements management tools, risk management tools
- Cascade RF analysis using AWR VSS, SystemVue, or SysCalc
- Familiarity with Military Handbooks and Standards (such as MIL-STD-461F), DoD Acquisition process (dod 5000.02)
- Experience with functional allocation among the fundamental elements of a system, such as:RF subsystems,
various digital technologies, I/O and software
- Active DOD Secret Clearance
Cobham’s values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world’s leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobhamcareers.com or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham.