Production Planner III
Cobham is seeking a Production Planner III. The Production Planner plans, prepares, issues and controls production schedules and coordinates material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements. Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed. Confirms material supply and demands, prepares work orders or purchase requests for the production of purchase of components or parts on a master production schedule, shop load and inventory requirements. Coordinates interdepartmental activity with quality assurance, manufacturing, purchasing, engineering and inventory control.
Responsible for the application and maintenance of available scheduling tools for assigned critical programs. Maintains and presents a detailed program status. Responsible for the establishment of a baseline planning structure. Prepares, maintains and presents program status information for supervisory and Business Area management review. Provides support and guidance to junior level planning personnel.
1. Develops plans and schedules for Operations activities on assigned critical programs. Provides technical guidance to lower level planning personnel. Provides support to the Operations Program Manager in the development and maintenance of first unit flow plans and documents.
2. Confers with Operations Program Manager and program personnel to secure and coordinate information necessary for the development of manufacturing plans and schedules. Assures that planning data items are properly maintained in Oracle, and are compatible with applicable program plans and schedules.
3. Analyzes various support data (computer reports, drawings, bills of material, lead times, fixed order quantities, etc.) to establish Master Demand and Manufacturing Kit Release schedules in support of contractual end item delivery requirements. Generates appropriate documents to assure plans and schedules are properly input into the Oracle system. Investigates the causes of schedule impacts and recommends corrective action(s).
4. Compiles monthly program summaries and status packages. Prepares charts, graphs and reports outlining program status against schedule for presentation to management.
5. Assists the NRE Planner with schedules and status of Operations non-recurring activities associated with design release, tooling, process development and test equipment. Analyzes the complexity of proposed engineering changes to assess the impact on Operations activities.
6. Works with Ops Master Schedulers to assess operations capacity and level loading.
7. Reviews various reports to ensure Company inventory & scheduling systems are accurate and properly maintained. Works with department management to facilitate the collection and analysis of data in support of various department performance measurements and metrics. Recommends procedural changes when warranted
8. Coordinate with Configuration Management to keep plans and schedules compatible with product structures. Attends Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings and analyzes engineering change orders (ECO) activity to determine complexity and minimize cost and schedule impacts.
9. Maintains state-of-the-art knowledge of the latest planning and scheduling techniques and applications. Maintains appropriate knowledge of Material Management Accounting System (MMAS) requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Six (6) years’ experience in production planning
• Ability to interpret engineering drawings
• Advanced computer experience including proficient use of software packages for analysis and reporting
• Demonstrated organizational, presentation and communication skills
• Experience in the use of configuration systems, production planning techniques, Engineering Resources Planning (ERP), inventory and shop floor.
• Master’s Degree
• 6-10 years production planning working in defense contracting, aerospace or similar industry
• Certification in National Association of Purchasing Management (NAPM) Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.) and American Production Inventory Control Society (APICS) Certified in Production and Inventory Management (C.P.I.M.) preferred.
• Oracle experience is preferred
Cobham’s values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world’s leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobhamcareers.com or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham.