Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organizatioaareer opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Baltimore, MD—The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Pay grade: RO
Nurse Practitioner-- Psychiatry/Pain Management
The Geriatric Psychiatry Nurse Practitioner who be the primary provider caring for patients in the Schizophrenia Day Hospital and also provide coverage to inpatient beds in the Schizophrenia service.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited School of Nursing
- Active Nurse Practitioner Licensure in the state of Maryland, preferably Acute Care
- Must have 2 years of experience in a similar setting
- Active Healthcare Provider CPR certification through American Heart Association, American Red Cross or Military Training Network
- Requires the analytical skills to collect information from diverse sources, apply professional principles in performing various analyses, and summarize the information and data in order to arrive at diagnoses
- Ability to solve problems or design relatively complex systems and programs that cross department/divisional lines
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and provide empathy in difficult interpersonal situations
- Attendance and participation in in-service and external training, workshops, conferences, and other relevant programs for professional growth and development
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.