Intralox, LLC is currently seeking a Systems Engineer for the Postal/Parcel Industry to work from our office in Savage, MD. This individual will develop technical solutions for conveyor systems at the proposal level. The solutions will include drawings, estimates, simulations, shop testing videos, and written technical descriptions. Upon contract awards, these solutions will be immediately implemented by our execution team for design, manufacturing, and deployment. Intralox offers an unparalleled opportunity for those who want to work for an established, yet consistently growing company, with opportunities for international exposure, continuous improvement, and career advancement. To learn more about our company culture, philosophy, and benefits, please visit our Careers website. Responsibilities
- Develop technical solutions for conveyor systems at the proposal level.
- Meet with customers to understand and collect data on potential problems in the customer network
- Work with commercial sales, design engineering, and installation managers to develop solutions
- Collect data on the technical requirements and payback
- Complete (with some assistance at first) the solution development, including:
- Internatl Estimates
- Concept Drawings
- Proof of Concept Demonstrations
- Technical Proposals
- Order Entry Budget Sheets
- Organized with file management
- Participate in Sales Meetings, Site Surveys, Project Kickoffs and Presentations
- Minimum 2+ years of experience as an engineer in an industrial environment.
- Knowledge of conveyor system design, parcel sorting networks, and/or parcel sortation technology
- Credible, Hardworking, and Focused.
Ability to develop drawing packages in Autocad
- Strong aptitude with both electrical controls and mechanical conveyor systems.
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Effective relationship skills with engineering groups, customers, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Ability to gain and maintain unescorted site access at customer locations.
- Position based at the Intralox offices in Savage, Maryland –between Baltimore, Washington, and Annapolis.
- You must be able to meet the functional requirements of the job including the ability to lift up to 70 lbs and climb ladders.