Do you love working with a team of millwrights on an installation site? Do you like working with your hands? Do you take pride in your work - no detail is too small or deadline too minor? Do you enjoy being on the road? Intralox, L.L.C., the world leader in conveyor equipment solutions utilizing modular plastic conveyor belts, has a position available for a Millwright Foreman in our Balitmore, MD office. The position is for an Installation Foreman on the Postal and Parcel Team. The Postal and Parcel Team specializes in turnkey material handling solutions for mailing industry. The team works closely with customers determining their needs and then designing, engineering, manufacturing, installing, commissioning, training and supporting conveyance and sortation solutions for them. The desired candidate will have a strong electrical and mechanical aptitude with a willingness to perform both supervise and perform ‘hands on’ work. This position requires a significant amount of travel (50% or more) with some project installation work taking place on holidays and weekends to meet customer scheduling requirements. The candidate should expect to work at least 400 overtime hours throughout the year. About our Baltimore Office
Few industries are transforming global productivity at the pace and scale of E-Commerce and related logistics. And few technology platforms are proving as transformative to this industry as Intralox “Activated Roller Belting” (ARB) solutions. Working alongside some of the largest logistics companies and their suppliers, we simplify and ‘future-proof” their operations. To support the rapid proliferation and deployment of this patented solution platform, we are expanding our key R&D and fulfillment center to a new 200,000+ square foot facility near Baltimore, MD and continue to seek ambitious, innovative engineers who want to be part of making the full global potential of our technology real.
- Lead Mechanical assembly of conveyor systems and related equipment.
- Performs a variety of complicated conveyor and associated equipment installation tasks.
- May be assigned and responsible for independently supervising the installation of large conveyance systems.
- Independently supervises day to day on-site construction and installation activities
- Independently supervises mechanical sub-contractors
- May work closely with and direct office support personnel and field technicians to complete projects
- Communicates schedules, reports and status directly with the customer and Installation manager
- Prepares and kits necessary equipment for shipment to jobsite ensuring all items are accounted for.
- Reviews mechanical installation packages before going to the field to execute
- Has knowledge of detailed commonly-used installation and supervision concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Familiar with a variety of the field concepts, practices, and procedures
- Assists with system commissioning and troubleshooting of field installations
- May assist in onsite training presentations
- Reports to a manager and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected in day to day work.
- Works closely with the project manager and provides company onsite presence
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years in the field installation supervision of conveyors and sorters or related experience.
- Proficient with hand tools, powered tools, forklifts, vertical lifts, etc.
- Must have the ability to fabricate parts as required
- Effective communication (verbal and written) and relationship skills with engineering groups, customers, suppliers and subcontractors.
- A self-managed individual who is a team player.
- Good organization skills
- Able to travel extensively (50% or more), work weekends, holidays and overtime when required.
- Must pass drug screening and background check
- Must have ability to lift 70 pounds and climb ladders.