Intralox, L.L.C., the world leader in conveyor equipment solutions utilizing modular plastic conveyor belts, has a position available for an Entry-Level Field Technician. This individual will work with our field installation teams to setup equipment in our Savage, MD factory and participate in the installation of large conveyors systems throughout the United States. The individual will have a strong desire for improving their electrical and mechanical abilities. This position requires a significant amount of travel (40-50%) with some project installation work taking place on holidays and weekends to meet customer scheduling requirements. The candidate should expect to work at least 400 overtime hours throughout the year.
Intralox offers an unparalleled opportunity for those who want to work for an established, yet consistently growing company, with opportunities for international exposure, continuous improvement, and career advancement. To learn more about our company culture, philosophy, and benefits, please visit our Careers website.
- Mechanical assembly of conveyor systems and related equipment.
- Fabrication of miscellaneous mechanical parts.
- Assist with assembly of electrical controls panels.
- Operating forklifts during installations.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in a related industry
- Proficient with powered tools, forklifts, and vertical lifts.
- Ability to read and understand manufacturer’s drawings and manuals.
- Self-motivated and self-managed to learn about technology and improve processes.
- Basic mechanical expertise, advanced skills desired.
- Effective communication (verbal and written) and relationship skills with engineering groups, customers, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Team Player.
- Ability to travel extensively (50%+), work weekends, holidays and overtime when required.
- Ability to gain and maintain unescorted site access at customer locations.
- Position located at Intralox offices in Savage, Maryland.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs and climb ladders.
- Two years of community college / trade school or five years of experience in a related industry.
- Strong employment references performing sheet metal fabrication, machining, package machinery assembly, construction, electrical panel building, or equipment installation.
- Reasonable proficiency with computers