Ready to make an impact? If so, read on! Decision and Data Sciences team is seeking a seasoned Java Developer to help forward GEICO’s Data Science and Predictive Analytics efforts. This team is leading the mission to transform GEICO’s innovative business decision process by harnessing the power of Big Data through predictive analytics and innovative machine learning models. Would you like to join this innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications? Candidate Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Statistics or Business is required • 5+ years of experience working with Java development and web services • Demonstrated experience and knowledge in various Open Source tools and technologies in Java Enterprise ecosystem • Experience with Java frameworks (Spring, Hibernate) • Experience in designing and supporting RESTful Web Services • Ability to use SQL, XML, JSON and UNIX Desired Skills: Continuous Integration (CI) using Maven & Jenkins Test automation framework using TestNG and Selenium Tuning and monitoring using Dynatrace, Wiley, Splunk Knowledge of Clusters, Distributed Computing architecture and Hardware sizing scrum methodologies Experience in establishing standardized procedures and best practices Strong critical thinking, decision making, troubleshooting and problem solving skill Understanding of Statistical modeling, Machine Learning technology About GEICO
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We’re an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates’ quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.