Internal ID: 1043696KBR COMPANY INFORMATION
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global technology, engineering, procurement and construction company serving the hydrocarbons and government services industries. For decades it has been the company that customers turn to for their most challenging assignments. With operations in 40 countries,KBR has more than 25,000 people delivering services to customers in over 70 countries. Together they represent an unmatched reservoir of talent and experience in a wide range of markets. Whatever the assignment, no matter how complex or demanding, KBR can marshal resources across every product line to respond quickly and effectively to changing markets and customer needs. Whether it’s providing the technology and consulting know-how to develop our customers’ valuable assets; designing and constructing the infrastructure and facilities to develop energy resources in some of the world’s more remote and challenging locations; providing support and services for men and women of their countries’ armed forces; or navigating the intricacies of undertaking major projects in geopolitically or culturally sensitive environments, our clients depend on KBR because they know thatWe Deliver. Join us and you’ll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.” Position Title: General Superintendent Location: Arlington, VA Brown & Root Opportunity Position Description
KBR is seeking a General Superintendent with functional job responsibilities that will include but are not limited to:
- Ability to handle multiple small to medium sized construction projects (less than $500K) concurrently. Responsible scheduling, coordinating and supervising subcontractors on site and performing work in accordance with scopes of work and drawings, specifications and adhering to OSHA regulations, State laws and maintaining a safe working environment.
- Prepare daily job reports and maintain project files.
- Review submittals and prepare transmittal to client.
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours including weekends.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to inspect field construction work for compliance to plans and specifications.
- Strong experience in QA/QC Methods, inspection and enforcement.
- Highly organized with demonstrated ability to multi task and handle the multitude of issues that arise daily on a construction project.
- The ability to establish and maintain a positive an professional working relationship with individuals at all levels of the company including client representatives and subcontractors.
- Must be able to work and perform duties with minimal supervision and must have extensive problem solving skills.
- Must have basic computer skills, including Microsoft word, excel and outlook.
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development. KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Vertical buildings and interior construction experience required.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations required.
- OSHA 10 Certificate is preferred.
- 7-10 years related experience required.
- Previous JOC experience preferred.
- Must be trained in First Aid/CPR.
JobConstruction ManagementPrimary LocationUS-US-VA-ARLINGTON
Location/Region: Arlington, VA (US)